REGULATIONS GOVERNING USE OF AND ACCESS TO THE VIP LOUNGES AT KAMUZU AND CHILEKA INTERNATIONAL AIRPORTS
- Only eligible users are allowed to pass through the VIP lounges. Such users must fall under any of the categories that will appear in the Government approved list of dignitaries.
- All users must submit a written request to use the VIP facilities, addressed to the Secretary for Foreign Affairs. Bookings should be submitted 72 hours prior to the date of travel. It is imperative that the request should contain the following information:-
- The name of the applicant
- The designation of the applicant
- The phone/fax numbers of the applicant
- The e-mail address of the applicant
- The institution where the applicant is working
- The names of all those accompanying the applicant on the trip
- The date and time of departure and arrival
- The flight numbers of both the departure and arrival
- The final destination
- The application will then processed by the Protocol Department in the Ministry, where all details listed above will be recorded and completed on a specially designed VIP Application form. The form, which is also called VIP Pass, shall be duly conveyed to the applicant.
The officer processing the application shall notify the VIP lounge, and communicate the details to the Duty Officer. The officer on duty shall record the information in a special VIP register for reference.
- On the date of travel, the eligible user of the VIP lounge shall present his/her VIP Pass to the Duty Officer who, in turn, will usher him/her to an appropriate lounge.
- The VIP Pass shall be valid for both the outbound and return trips.
- The spouses and children of dignitaries under category 11-30 shall only use the facility when they are in the company of the title holder.
- Where the VIP is heading an official delegation, members of the delegation shall be allowed to use the VIP lounge.
- A maximum of three people shall be allowed to escort the VIP into the lounge, except where such people are members of his/her delegation.
- All eligible users of the VIP facilities shall observe the formal dress code in the VIP lounge. This shall apply to all escorts, delegation members and family members of the VIP.
Please Read: You arekindly requested to fill out the registration form as completely as possible. Please send the completed form electronically to
, 48 hours before departure.
1. Personal Information
Last Updated on Wednesday, 28 April 2010 15:11